Using next generation sequencing the test can determine what microbes are present in the vagina, what microbes are dominating the vaginal microbiome and which protective bacteria may be missing. The vaginal microbiome composition is key to risks of infections, BV, STIs , UTIs, fertility complications, pelvic inflammatory disease and more.
All bacterial species present in the vagina at the time of swab
Community state type of the vagina
Diversity of bacteria present
Composition of bacteria making up the vaginal microbiota
Who this test is for:
Women who experience vaginal symptoms
Women who have experienced recurrent infections
Women who have experienced miscarriage or preterm birth
Women who are struggling to conceive
Women who are undergoing IVF
Instructions for use:
Before starting sample collection activate your kit using the activation code provided and wash your hands
1. Remove the swab from the packaging
2. Insert the cotton end of the swab about 1.5 inches (3-4 cm) into the vaginal opening (you should not feel any pressure or pain). Gently turn the swab for about 10 seconds while touching the wall of the vagina. Carefully remove the swab. DO NOT put the swab on any surface before placing it into the collection tube. DO NOT enter swab into the collection tube before swabbing your vagina.
3. Open collection tube and insert the swab tip containing the sample into the solution. Break the swab leaving the swab tip in the collection tube.
4. Cap the tube containing sample and swirl ten times.
5. Complete sticker labels and stick labels onto the sample tube. Place tube in the clamshell and close firmly. Pack the clamshell into the prepaid return envelope provided and post sample.
6. Receive results and report 4-6 weeks after posting your sample.
Store in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and heat
The ScreenMe kit is stable at room temperature
Once the sample is collected it is stable at room temperature for up to one month and does not need to be posted on the same day as sample collection.